Monday, May 4, 2009

Getting Ready Tips & Tricks

Ok so I just had to pass a few things on to everyone. First, if you have old aluminum leg shield trim they do still make it and you can replace your beat up factory aluminum leg shield trim. I ordered mine from First Kick, where I first bought my scooter. You just have to get the tool. Next, if you are doing any kind of restoration work buy the following two kits:

The Rubber Kit and the Hardware Kit (Nuts & Bolts)

The bolt kit is particularily fantastic. It has the brake pivot bolts, the springs, engine mounting bolt, and all sorts of other fancy bolts and nuts that I would not have expected. I'll try to figure out what's missing and post that here, but for the price and total lack of headache of trying to match bolts at the hardware store or just ordering bits and pieces this makes very good sense to order and to do so early. Price wise it's amazing.

One other thing that I am not doing but would seriously consider if I was starting over and had read this post earlier is MikeH's electrical diagram recommendations. It seems to really simply the electrics and make it very servicable. He does seem very opinionated about it but I understand that when something works for you, you just want to everyone else to see the light.
Regardless here is his pretty good idea.

I've all ready spent money on marine wiring and don't want to bother trying to source marine grade multistrand wiring for this project and waiting to get the bits in the mail. I should start putting this thing together this week and I would rather not worry about this. Had I seen this earlier I probably would have gone this direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment