Saturday, January 17, 2009

Horn Switch Removal

I had one thing left attached to my Vespa that I wasn't totally sure how to get off. The high-low and horn switch assembly located next to the throttle (right side).


This is the underside view. Here is how I got it off. It's pretty cold here now so I think I got an advantage. I took a lighter and ran it around the outside edge of the assembly. Then gently squeezing with my hands I tugged at the assembly. I was able to get a minuscule amount of separation at this point. Then, on the left hand side of the assembly there conveniently is a small flat head screwdriver size slot. Gently insert the flathead and pry up. You should get even more separation. Then just go around with the screwdriver or if you can use your hand. That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment